Note: For all you millennials, a CD player used to be this thing we used to play music stored that was stored on CD’s (CD: compact disc: is a plastic disc object that contained the music in a digital format read by a light sensor). Yes, it amazes us that people still use these things, but hey, record players are making a come back – so it’s not all crazy.
If you have a CD player you can connect it to any analog input on the back of a VSSL A.6 or A.3.
To listen to that CD player, you’ll need to name input you connected to then select that input from the home screen.
1. Name the input: Go to Settings->A.6->Name->Select the ‘Analog Input’ to be Bus 1.
2. Select the input on the home screen
A much more modern approach (😉 ok, really it’s just another way, we don’t judge), is to use Google Play music. They offer a service you can upload all your CDs for free and listen to them from the Google Play app (iPhone, iPad, Android, or Chrome browser) and Cast it to a VSSL zone.
Some helpful links:
- See this article from Google (upload CDs to Google Play)
- Use Google Play Music manager
- Google Play iOS, Android apps
- How to Cast with Google play, article