Note: For all you millennials, a CD player used to be this thing we used to play music stored that was stored on CD’s (CD: compact disc: is a plastic disc object that contained the music in a digital format read by a light sensor). Yes, it amazes us that people still use these things, but hey, record players are making a come back – so it’s not all crazy.
If you have a CD player you can connect it to any analog input on the back of a VSSL A.6 or A.3.
To listen to that CD player, you’ll need to name the input you connected to then select that input from the home screen.
1. Name the input: Go to Settings->A.6->Name->Select the ‘Analog Input’ to be Bus 1.
2. Select the input on the home screen
A much more modern approach (😉 ok, really it’s just another way, we don’t judge), is to use Google Play music. They offer a service you can upload all your CDs for free and listen to them from the Google Play app (iPhone, iPad, Android, or Chrome browser) and Cast it to a VSSL zone.
Some helpful links:
- See this article from Google (upload CDs to Google Play)
- Use Google Play Music manager
- Google Play iOS, Android apps
- How to Cast with Google play, article