VSSL has a free Control4 driver. Currently this is only officially supported for the A.6. There is no official driver for the A.3, however the A.6 driver can be used with auto discovery turned off in the driver and the use of mac address reservations or static IP addresses for each A.3 zone.
Here is a link to the driver: A.6 Control4 Driver
This driver was written by Chowmain Software and they have some great documentation here.
- The driver provides 2-way feedback
- Pause, skip, stop commands
- Discrete volume control of all VSSL zones
- Use the VSSL as an 8×6 audio matrix
- Self healing IP address discovery
- Auto room on for bus output zones
Current known limitations:
- Can’t initiate a stream from VSSL inside Control4. This is because we use Native Streaming so all the music starts from the homeowner’s music app. You can, of course, start any of the Control4 supported music streams and play them to VSSL from the Control4 app